(Photo at the top of the page shows Rossland course clubhouse and 1st tee; taken from the fairway of #1. c.1948)
The Rossland Trail Country Club was organized on April 22, 1922. The first year there were 81 shareholders, 56 were playing members. The first course was on what was known as Floyd Ranch (Water Hole) located just above Warfield. In 1926 the Club, with land leased from Cominco constructed the nine hole course in Rossland.